While skincare routines can become tedious, including collagen powder into your daily routine is easy, enjoyable, and delicious. When it comes to beauty, consistency is the key to success. At an age as early as 20, the body begins to make less collagen—and it only continues to deplete after that.
The good news is supplementation is effective and taking collagen daily can help support the body from the inside out. As we age, it’s important to maintain a regular self-care routine to help keep our hair shiny, skin glowing, and nails strong. Just like you wouldn't leave the house without putting on moisturizer, make sure you don’t let your day pass you by without a collagen-rich breakfast or snack.
Smarter Skin Collagen is formulated with a light blueberry flavor that mixes easily with other ingredients. We have 3 quick and tasty recipes that will help you look forward to having your collagen every day!
1. Blueberry Muffins
One of our favorite ways to eat blueberries is in a muffin, so it only made sense to add our Smarter Skin Collagen into these delicious baked treats. We adapted this recipe, which makes 6 muffins, from The Nutritionist Mom.
- 3/4 cup (90g) Smarter Skin Collagen
- 1/2 cup gluten-free baking flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup calorie-free sweetener
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt optional
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Gently stir in blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly between six wells of a well-greased muffin pan.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes; a toothpick or knife inserted should come out clean.
2. PB&J Overnight Oats
Overnight oats transform a childhood lunchtime favorite into a breakfast that’s full of fiber, protein, and skin-supporting collagen. Plus, overnight oats are super easy to make ahead for busy people looking to save time in the morning.
- 1 scoop Smarter Skin Collagen
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (or alternative nut butter)
- 1 tablespoon jelly or preserves
- Mix all ingredients except the jelly together in a mason jar.
- Secure top on the jar and put in fridge for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Before eating, lightly mix jelly into your jar.
3. Pineapple Collagen Smoothie
Smoothies are a tried-and-true way to enjoy collagen because they are simple, effective, and delightful. We adapted this refreshing tropical smoothie from a recipe by The Real Food Geek.
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 cup pineapple, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup mango, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup kale, stalks removed
- 1 scoop Smarter Skin Collagen
- Half an avocado, skin removed
- Add all your ingredients to a blender and pulse until smooth.
BONUS: Pair Smarter Skin Collagen with Smarter Gut Health for a powerful skin-supporting duo. Every area of the body has its own microbes, including your skin. When inflammation, stress, or your diet creates an imbalance in these microbes, skin conditions can result.
Probiotics can help support healthy bacteria levels. Smarter Gut Health is formulated with hearty soil-based probiotics that are highly resistant to stomach acid, as well as prebiotics to support the probiotics, and good fats to help aid digestion.
- De Bellefonds, Colleen. “Brainy Beauty: What Do Probiotics Have to Do with Your Skin?” Healthline. 2020.